Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Of Human Blonde-age

When I was blow-drying my hair this morning, I noticed I've got some really bad blonde roots going on. Maybe it's time to make the switch back to blonde. I've had dark hair for about a year, * and now that I'm leaving Dallas, it might be a good time to go natural ** again.

It's funny, I think I wanted to be brunette when I moved back to Dallas because I thought it was a nice, subtle way of rebelling against all the shiny socialites. But really, by dying my hair, I was just engaging in a less-severe form of the self-alteration that is the Dallasite trademark. Sick.

But anyway, back to blonde? I'll have to think about it. I worry that my M.O. is becoming: can't go a year without moving between Dallas and Chicago, or without changing hair color.

Maybe my solution is to go pink. A nice Pantone 226... yeah...

* I don't think working at Black Hair had anything to do with my desire for transformation; going brunette was really just the last in a series of transformations -- new job, new (old) city, new hair color. The progression is obvious. I wasn't going to be living the Sex and the City lifestyle anymore, so I didn't want to be blonde anymore.

** Natch!