Saturday, December 11, 2004

I'll never really be like Jane

Notice how I always post on Saturdays. Also notice how I don't have internet at my apartment. Continue noticing long enough to notice that the only time I get to use the internet is at work. Draw conclusions accordingly.

I just (almost) finished an illustration, which is pretty weird because I don't know how to draw. Or use Illustrator very well. I'm happy with the way it turned out, but I'm not going to volunteer to do another for a long time. I have discovered over the course of the last five hours that drawing dogs in Illustrator is my Kryptonite. I can pull off humans, but dogs are a different story altogether. I suppose you learn something new about yourself every day.

I made another shocking discovery today. There's a magazine called EQ Magazine. I don't know why that pisses me off so much. Probably because I want my own magazine, and now the most obvious title is taken by a stupid publication about using computerized drum sets or something (is there really THAT much to say about it?!?!) Also, I feel I kind of have claim to EQ. If I knew beforehand that it was going to be a magazine title, I would have tried to get a trademark or something, so at least I could collect royalties.

Check the magazine out at eqmag.com ... but don't buy any of the merchandise, because, technically, I should be getting a cut of that money and I'm not.